Matt Miller of B/R runs through the latest buzz for all 32 teams a few days before the start of the 2017 draft. Here’s a look at some interesting notes from Miller’s article:
- Miller has spoken to a scouting source who says the Panthers’ love for Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey “is real” and if Leonard Fournette isn’t available to them at No. 8 overall, he expects the Panthers to take McCaffrey.
- A scouting source tells Miller that the Ravens are likely to lean toward taking a pass-rusher in the first round on Thursday.
- While the Bengals had been expected to consider a linebacker at No. 9 overall, Miller says that Cincinnati is leaning toward the best available pass-rusher and adds that Jonathan Allen could land there on Thursday.
- Miller spoke with a coaching staff source who believes the Broncos will take an offensive tackle at No. 20 overall but didn’t rule out the possibility they could move up to get one.
- According to Miller, the Colts still have Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon their draft board but are expected to target an edge-rusher in the first round.
- Rival scouts and GMs seem to think the 49ers like LB Reuben Foster and RB Leonard Fournette, but Matt Miller says that they may not be willing to take either with the No. 2 pick.
- Miller can’t see San Francisco drafting a quarterback in round 1 and believes they could trade back into the 20s to acquire more draft picks.
- Despite buzz that the Bears could draft a quarterback at No. 3 overall, a high-level source with the team tells Matt Miller to not bet on them going this route.
- Instead, Miller says a defensive such as S Jamal Adams or CB Marshon Lattimore is more likely.
- Miller adds that it’s more likely Chicago would consider a quarterback on Day of the draft and the possibility exists that they could also take a running back, as surprising as that may seem.
- According to Matt Miller, the Bills’ love for quarterbacks “is real“, but he can’t see them trading up to get UNC’s Mitch Trubisky.
- However, Miller could see them staying at No. 10 overall and taking Clemson’s Deshaun Watson.
- Other possibilities, according to Miller’s source, including CB Marshon Lattimore, LB Reuben Foster, and TE O.J. Howard.
- Matt Miller is “99 percent sure” Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett will be the No. 1 overall pick.
- Although, Miller adds that the Browns are making calls to teams about trading back into the top-10 picks to get UNC QB Mitch Trubisky.