Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Conduct Policy, Draft, 49ers, Bills, & Seahawks
NFL Notes: Conduct Policy, Draft, 49ers, Bills, & Seahawks
- According to Andrew Brandt, arbitrator Jonathan Marks has ruled that players eligible for leave with pay and the exempt list are both valid exercises for commissioner’s authority.
- Brandt adds that NFL chief disciplinary officer Todd Jones can advise action, but only commissioner Roger Goodell can issue disciplinary decisions.
- Rand Getlin reports that Clemson DE Shaq Lawson is scheduled to work out for the Lions on Monday and will travel to meet with the Bears afterwards.
- Jordan Raanan of NJ.com is hearing that the 49ers could end up taking the best available defensive player on their draft instead of a quarterback regardless of whether Colin Kaepernick is still on their roster.
- Joe Buscaglia expects Kyle Williams and Corbin Bryant to be the Bills’ starting defensive ends for 2016, but admits a good rookie addition could change that.
- Buscaglia says the Bills are “likely” to draft a defensive player in the first round and mentions Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins as a good fit for the team.
- As for the possibility of drafting a quarterback, Buscaglia could only see the Bills doing so in the second round or later.
- Sheil Kapadia of ESPN writes that Chris Clemons‘ new one-year. $1.5 million contract with the Seahawks looks like an indication that he’ll have to compete for a roster spot this summer.
- Clemons receives just $150,000 fully guaranteed as part of the agreement, so moving on wouldn’t be a major issue if Seattle felt they had better options.
- The Seahwaks could use Clemons as a backup to Cliff Avril while allowing him to compete for playing time at right defensive end. However, Kapadia mentions that Frank Clark is likely to replace Bruce Irvin‘s snaps in 2016.
Tags Corbin Bryant Kyle Williams Roger Goodell Shaq Lawson Sheldon Rankins Todd Jones