Home 49ers NFL Rumors: Draft, Bears, Saints, Titans
- If the 49ers are unable to trade down, Todd McShay hears that Solomon Thomas, Jamal Adams, and Marshon Lattimore are the three names to keep an eye on.
- A source tells Todd McShay that Alabama LB Reuben Foster could end up being a “parachute pick” for the Colts, depending on whether he drops following the news that he produced a diluted urine sample.
- A source with ties to the Packers tells Tony Pauline that Green Bay is “gearing up” to take Wisconsin OLB T.J. Watt in round one.
- Clemson WR Mike Williams tells Sirius XM NFL Radio that he visited with the Titans, Eagles, Ravens and Browns during the pre-draft process.
- Matt Miller’s list of prospects who will likely end up being drafted higher than many expect includes Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey, Michigan S Jabrill Peppers, Clemson QB Deshaun Watson, Temple LB Haason Reddick and Ohio State CB Gareon Conley (before rape allegations surfaced).
- As for prospects whose stock has been overinflated, Miller lists Washington WR John Ross, Florida State RB Dalvin Cook, Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer, Florida CB Teez Tabor and USC WR JuJu Smith-Schuster.
- Todd McShay continues to hear S Jamal Adams and DL Solomon Thomas in connection with the Bears at No. 3 overall.
- McShay thought Alabama DL Jonathan Allen could be in play for Chicago, but he is no longer hearing as much buzz about him.
- Todd McShay expects the Saints to either target a pass-rusher or defensive back at No. 11 overall with Tennessee DE Derek Barnett, Temple ILB Haason Reddick, and Ohio State S Malik Hooker being three names to keep an eye on.
- McShay could see New Orleans using both of their first-round picks on defensive players this Thursday.
- As others have said, Todd McShay expects the Titans to actively try to trade out of the No. 5 overall pick, especially if a team is interested in moving up for a quarterback.
- Otherwise, McShay could see them taking either S Jamal Adams or CB Marshon Lattimore with S Malik Hooker being a wildcard for them, due to injury concerns.
- As for their No. 18 overall pick, McShay mentions that Tennessee is hoping either Clemson WR Mike Williams or Western Michigan WR Corey Davis drops to them at that point. Although, he admits that Davis is the more likely of the two.
- Titans GM Jon Robinson told reporters on Tuesday that they’ve fielded calls about a potential trade and there is some investigating going on. (Jim Wyatt)
- Robinson put the odds of them staying at No. 5 and No. 18 overall at “50/50” right now. (Jason Wolf)