- Matt Miller of B/R reports that the Panthers worked out Clemson defenders Jayron Kearse and Shaq Lawson this week.
- According to Miller, the Colts worked out Eastern Kentucky’s Noah Spence this week.
- Sources tell Miller that Ohio State WR Michael Thomas ranks as the top receiver on both the Browns and Bengals’ draft boards.
- Clemson DE/OLB Shaq Lawson worked out for 49ers GM Trent Baalke on Thursday.
- A college scouting director told Miller of Penn State QB Christian Hackenberg, he “looks like how we’d design a quarterback” but “struggled with accuracy…again.”
“[A]fter making a few phone calls, Elway was concerned about Griffin’s character,” Klis writes. “Elway never did express interest in the former Washington quarterback who was the NFL’s Rookie of the Year in 2012 but had several fallouts with Coach Mike Shanahan, offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and teammates.”
- A source close to Memphis QB Paxton Lynch tells Matt Miller of B/R that “Paxton is very much in the mix for [Dallas].”
- This comes after Lynch worked out for the Cowboys this week and met with Jerry and Stephen Jones along with director of player personnel Will McClay.
- Matt Miller gets the feeling that the Titans would take Florida State CB Jalen Ramsey No. 1 overall.
- An NFL agent tells Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune that Vikings S Harrison Smith could command a five-year, $45 million extension with around $25 million included in guarantees.
- This would leave Smith among the top-five highest paid safeties in the NFL.
- Vensel points out that the franchise tag would run the Vikings close to $11-$12 million next year if they can’t get an extension in place in the coming months.