Home / 49ers / NFL Rumors: Draft, Broncos, Dolphins, Cowboys, & Giants
NFL Rumors: Draft, Broncos, Dolphins, Cowboys, & Giants
- Dane Brugler mentions that there is “a lot of NFL people foaming at the mouth” to see UCLA LB Myles Jack work out today and hopefully put rest some concerns about his surgically repaired knee.
- Tony Pauline reports that the UCLA LB Aaron Wallace has official visits lined up with the Buccaneers, Browns and Raiders, but more are expected.
- The Saints and Eagles put University of Manitoba DL David Onyemata through drills on Monday, according to Pauline.
- Sacramento State OT Lars Hanson had nine teams on hand to watch his workout including: the Lions, Bengals, Packers, Chiefs, Browns, Giants, 49ers, Falcons, and Redskins.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Broncos have until midnight tonight to match the Dolphins’ four-year, $18 million offer sheet for RB C.J. Anderson.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that the Cowboys have been working diligently throughout free agency to try to upgrade the safety position.
- According to Cole, the Cowboys want to move Bryon Jones back to cornerback in 2016.
- Cole mentions that moving Jones and finding an upgrade at safety will hopefully prevent them from relying on J.J. Wilcox, who was underwhelming last year. Beyond that, Cole says the Cowboys would also like to cut Brandon Carr and move Jones into his spot.
- However, Cole adds that the Cowboys haven’t had a lot of success in talks with available safeties up to this point.
- According to Armando Salguero, the Dolphins will not receive word from the NFL about lifting DE Dion Jordan’s suspension until end of April.
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins “simply didn’t place a significant monetary value” on any of the cornerbacks in this free agent class.
- Jackson adds that the Dolphins will need to hope they get the better version of newly acquired CB Byron Maxwell or they can land a quality cornerback at No. 13 overall such as Ohio State’s Eli Apple or Clemson’s Mackenzie Alexander.
- Art Stapleton believes the Giants should seriously consider signing veteran WR Anquan Boldin and draft another receiver in either the second- or third-round of the draft.
Tags Aaron Wallace Anquan Boldin Brandon Carr Bryon Jones Byron Maxwell C.J. Anderson David Onyemata Dion Jordan Eli Apple J.J. Wilcox Lars Hanson Mackenzie Alexander Myles Jack