Home 49ers NFL Rumors: Earl Thomas, Aqib Talib, Draft
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Seahawks would need to be blown away by an offer to trade S Earl Thomas and they have no plans to just give him away, despite the fact that he has one year remaining on his contract.
- Garafolo adds that it’s going to take “a lot of draft pick ammo” to land Thomas or he’s going to remain with the Seahawks for the 2018 season.
- On Wednesday, Mike Silver of NFL Media reported that the Seahawks will listen to trade offers Thomas, but they would obviously be seeking a lot in return for him.
- Meanwhile, Ian Rapoport adds that Thomas is part of the Seahawks’ plans for the 2018 season and beyond.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media confirms that the Broncos are likely going to trade CB Aqib Talib in the coming days.
- Rapoport admits that doesn’t necessarily have to trade Talib and could do some “maneuvering” to keep him under the cap.
- Even so, Rapoport confirms that the Broncos had serious talks with the 49ers. Although, that deal is “certainly not happening“, according to Rapoport.
- Rapoport mentions that it’s unlikely the Broncos would release Talib and give him the opportunity to sign with the Patriots, which is reportedly a preferred destination for him. Instead, Rapoport says Denver is going to want something in return from the Patriots for the veteran cornerback.
- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, all 32 NFL teams attended the University of Colorado’s Pro Day on Wednesday.
- Pauline was told that CB Isaiah Oliver “looked terrific” in position drills, while RB Phillip Lindsay clocked a 4.38s to 4.41 times in the 40-yard dash.
- As for Marshall’s Pro Day, a total of 16 teams were on-hand and “several” teams examined QB Chase Litton, with the Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots and Browns showing “a lot of interest” in him.
- According to Pauline, Alabama S Ronnie Harrison and LB Rashaan Evans plan to run their 40-yard dash at the team’s second Pro Day on March 28.
- As for Alabama DL Da’Shawn Hand, Pauline hears that the Saints are “very high” on him.
- Alabama DL Joshua Frazier has met with the Eagles, Dolphins, Lions, Steelers, Titans and has a workout scheduled with the Buccaneers.
- Alabama CB Tony Brown has met with nearly 10 teams over the past 24 hours including the Titans, Saints, Seahawks, Dolphins, Redskins and 49ers.