Home / 49ers / NFL Rumors: Earl Thomas, Aqib Talib, Draft
NFL Rumors: Earl Thomas, Aqib Talib, Draft
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Seahawks would need to be blown away by an offer to trade S Earl Thomas and they have no plans to just give him away, despite the fact that he has one year remaining on his contract.
- Garafolo adds that it’s going to take “a lot of draft pick ammo” to land Thomas or he’s going to remain with the Seahawks for the 2018 season.
- On Wednesday, Mike Silver of NFL Media reported that the Seahawks will listen to trade offers Thomas, but they would obviously be seeking a lot in return for him.
- Meanwhile, Ian Rapoport adds that Thomas is part of the Seahawks’ plans for the 2018 season and beyond.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media confirms that the Broncos are likely going to trade CB Aqib Talib in the coming days.
- Rapoport admits that doesn’t necessarily have to trade Talib and could do some “maneuvering” to keep him under the cap.
- Even so, Rapoport confirms that the Broncos had serious talks with the 49ers. Although, that deal is “certainly not happening“, according to Rapoport.
- Rapoport mentions that it’s unlikely the Broncos would release Talib and give him the opportunity to sign with the Patriots, which is reportedly a preferred destination for him. Instead, Rapoport says Denver is going to want something in return from the Patriots for the veteran cornerback.
- According to Tony Pauline of Draft Analyst, all 32 NFL teams attended the University of Colorado’s Pro Day on Wednesday.
- Pauline was told that CB Isaiah Oliver “looked terrific” in position drills, while RB Phillip Lindsay clocked a 4.38s to 4.41 times in the 40-yard dash.
- As for Marshall’s Pro Day, a total of 16 teams were on-hand and “several” teams examined QB Chase Litton, with the Cowboys, Redskins, Patriots and Browns showing “a lot of interest” in him.
- According to Pauline, Alabama S Ronnie Harrison and LB Rashaan Evans plan to run their 40-yard dash at the team’s second Pro Day on March 28.
- As for Alabama DL Da’Shawn Hand, Pauline hears that the Saints are “very high” on him.
- Alabama DL Joshua Frazier has met with the Eagles, Dolphins, Lions, Steelers, Titans and has a workout scheduled with the Buccaneers.
- Alabama CB Tony Brown has met with nearly 10 teams over the past 24 hours including the Titans, Saints, Seahawks, Dolphins, Redskins and 49ers.
Tags Aqib Talib Chase Litton Da’Shawn Hand earl thomas Isaiah Oliver Joshua Frazier Phillip Lindsay Rashaan Evans Ronnie Harrison Tony Brown