NFL Rumors: Free Agency, Bears, Colts, Dolphins
- Lions free agent G Larry Warford is expected to secure around $8 million per season. (Charles Robinson)
- Cowboys free agent S Barry Church is expected to exceed $5 million per season and possibly more. (Charles Robinson)
- Cowboys free agent G Ronald Leary is expected to land around $8-$9 million per season, but his medical situation will matter to prospectives teams. (Charles Robinson)
- Adam Caplan reports that if Ravens free agent FB Kyle Juszczyk makes it to free agency on Thursday, he’ll likely sign with a team that provides him a “hybrid” role.
- John Keim reports that the Redskins remain in contact with WR DeSean Jackson, but he has some “strong suitors” including the Buccaneers.
- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that free agent WR Alshon Jeffery was looking to be paid in the same echelon as Julio Jones, Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas at the start of the Combine. However, he could be hard pressed to end up making as much this group.
- From what Biggs is hearing, it appears as though the Bears were offering Jeffery around $10.5 million per year in a long-term deal last year.
- An under-the-radar free agent for the Bears who should generate some interest this week is DE Cornelius Washington.
- Biggs mentions that it’s worth watching to see if the Bears make some additions at outside linebacker this offseason, as it’s possible they could move on from veteran OLB Lamarr Houston if he’s going to be just a rotational player for them.
- Biggs doesn’t think there’s any chance of the Bears picking up CB Kyle Fuller‘s fifth-year option in the coming months.
- According to Biggs, the Bears are expected to release WR Eddie Royal, but they can’t do so until he can pass a physical.
- Stephen Holder reports that the Colts will not tender a contract to restricted free agent LB Josh McNary. However, he could still return to the team at a lower salary.
- According to Holder, indications are that the Colts won’t tender a contract to restricted free agent DT Zach Kerr either.
- As of now, the Colts don’t appear to be close to re-signing any of their free agents including TE Jack Doyle and DB Darius Butler.
- Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald mentions that the Dolphins will attempt to re-sign free agent DE Andre Branch this week and possibly add a “lower-budget” pass-rusher such as Chris Long, Devin Taylor, Jack Crawford or John Simon.
- According to Jackson, the Dolphins have reportedly shown interest in Patriots LB Dont’a Hightower, but the bidding could ultimately price them out of the running for him.
- The Dolphins are “very much” in the mix to re-sign WR Kenny Stills.
- Jackson says that Miami will sign a veteran receiver because they aren’t sold on Leonte Carroo being their No. 3 receiver.
- As for the guard positions, Jackson says the Dolphins believe they can sign two starters for no more than the $8.8 million they would have paid Branden Albert.
Tags Alshon Jeffery Andre Branch Barry Church Branden Albert Chris Long Cornelius Washington Darius Butler DeSean Jackson Devin Taylor Dont'a Hightower Eddie Royal Jack Crawford Jack Doyle John Simon Josh McNary Kenny Stills Kyle Fuller Kyle Juszczyk Lamarr Houston Larry Warford Leonte Carroo Ronald Leary Zach Kerr