Home / Bengals / NFL Rumors: Free Agency, Joe Mixon, Cowboys, Jets, Ravens
NFL Rumors: Free Agency, Joe Mixon, Cowboys, Jets, Ravens
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, citing multiple sources, reports that Browns free agent WR Terrelle Pryor is expected secure $10-$12 million per year as part of his next contract.
- As for Bengals free agent G Kevin Zeitler, multiple sources tell Robinson that they’re expecting him to receive $10-$12 million per year.
- Packers free agent G T.J. Lang is expected to land between $8-$10 million per year, according to Robinson.
- Cowboys free agent WR Terrance Williams is reportedly in line to receive $6-$8 million per year, per Robinson.
- Vikings free agent WR Cordarrelle Patterson is reportedly expected to exceed $4 million per year, according to Robinson.
- Robinson says that NFL sources expect Bears free agent WR Alshon Jeffery to exceed $10 million per season. Sources tell Robinson that Jeffery is targeting $14 million per year, but they aren’t sure if that will be available to him because of investment concerns.
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, the consensus is that the top 3 cornerbacks in free agency are: 1) Texans A.J. Bouye, 2) Bills Stephon Gilmore, and 3) Patriots Logan Ryan.
- Tom Pelissero of USA Today believes Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon will either be drafted in the second- or third-round of this year’s draft after speaking to GMs and scouts at Combine.
- Clarence Hill Jr. reports that the Cowboys priorities for free agency and the draft are to find a wide receiver and a “war daddy” pass-rusher.
- The Cowboys may need to replace WR Terrance Williams, who could depart in free agency, but the Cowboys plan to work hard to keep him at the right price, according to Hill Jr.
- An NFL source tells Ralph Vacchiano that the Jets are going to be in the market to sign LT Russell Okung at the start of free agency.
- Vacchiano mentions that the Jets will pursue QB Mike Glennon and could have Tyrod Taylor as a secondary option, depending on what the Bills elect to do with him in the coming days.
- Vacchiano says that it wouldn’t be surprising to hear that Jets are once again fielding trade offers for DE Sheldon Richardson.
- According to Vacchiano, it could prove to be tough for the Jets to pass on LSU RB Leonard Fournette at No. 6 overall.
- Vacchiano considers veteran running backs Matt Forte and Bilal Powell to both be “financially expendable” after the season.
- According to Jeff Zrebiec, “things aren’t looking good” for the Ravens in regards to retaining free agents — FB Kyle Juszczyk, RT Ricky Wagner and DT Brandon Williams.
- Zrebiec adds that the Ravens are expected to speak with Juszczyk’s agent on Monday and could do same with Williams.
- In regards to RT Ricky Wagner, Zrebiec mentions that while things can change, “it appears that the ship has sailed” on him returning, given that he’s expected to get top money for the right tackle position.
- The Ravens have reportedly made “several” proposals to Williams but still haven’t been able to find a compromise with him, per Zrebiec.
Tags A.J. Bouye Alshon Jeffery Bilal Powell Brandon Williams Cordarrelle Patterson Joe Mixon Kyle Juszczyk Leonard Fournette Logan Ryan Matt Forte Mike Glennon Ricky Wagner Russell Okung Sheldon Richardson Stephon Gilmore T.J. Lang Terrance Williams Tyrod Taylor