Home Packers NFL Rumors: Free Agency, Saints, Steelers, Titans, Vikings
- Jason Cole reports that free agent S Tony Jefferson should land a deal that will pay him $9 million per year.
- Cole says that WR DeSean Jackson is expected to get $11 million per year and has interest from the Cowboys, Patriots, Buccaneers and Eagles. Although, Mike Garafolo points out that unless he’s willing to offer a discount, the Patriots are unlikely to be an option.
- Cole reports that free agent DT Brandon Williams could be in the range of what DL Damon Harrison got last year from the Giants, which was a five-year, $46.25 million contract.
- The Packers tendered exclusive rights free agent RB Don Jackson a contract. (Bill Huber)
- The Ravens tendered placed an original-round tender on restricted free agent OL Ryan Jensen. (Jeff Zrebiec)
- Sources tell Joel A. Erickson that the Saints are interested in bringing back LB Michael Mauti, but it may not happen until later in the free agent process.
- While there’s no guarantee the Steelers will land anyone, Aditi Kinkhabwala promises Pittsburgh will be working the phones more actively than in recent years during free agency.
- Jeremy Fowler reports that the Steelers at least “feeling out” CB Dre Kirkpatrick in free agency this week. Fowler adds that he isn’t sure what Kirkpatrick’s price tag is but the Steelers are in the mix for him.
- For what it’s worth, other reporters have floated $10 million per year as a possibility for Kirkpatrick.
- Terry McCormick reports that the Titans still may have some interest in re-signing free agent S Rashad Johnson, but there are a few other teams could target him in the coming days.
- According to Jeremy Fowler, the Vikings have stayed in contact with free agent RB Adrian Peterson’s reps this week and he gets the sense that a reunion still hasn’t been ruled out.
- Ben Goessling reports that Peterson is in no rush to sign with a team, but the Vikings may not make him an offer until next week, as their priority is to find offensive line help.