NFL Rumors: Gareon Conley, Draft, Jaguars, Titans
- Adam Schefter reports that Ohio State CB Gareon Conley has spoken to at least 24 teams over the past 48 hours and had proclaimed his innocence to all of them.
- According to Ian Rapoport, teams believe Conley will be drafted, despite the rape allegations against him and three GMs have predicted he’ll come off of the board in round three.
- Rapoport adds that the teams doing work on Conley have been in touch with his criminal attorney, who has all the witness statements and videos.
- While some believe he could be a third-round pick when all is said and done, Lance Zierlein has spoken to several teams who told him that, barring complete clearance from police before the draft, Conley would be selected.
- Albert Breer has spoken with two teams who have Pittsburgh QB Nate Peterman among their top-five quarterbacks and some have even compared him to Kirk Cousins.
- Breer’s sense is Alabama TE O.J. Howard is a “near lock” to go in the Top 10, possibly as high as No. 5 overall.
- Miami TE David Njoku’s range figures to be somewhere in the 20s with the Lions and Giants being two teams to watch, according to Breer.
- According to Lance Zierlein, Grambling WR Chad Williams is “going way earlier” than he expected.
- Zierlein mentions that there’s just too much buzz right now about Christian McCaffrey being drafted in the early part of round one. According to Zierlein, the Panthers and Eagles are the two landing spots to watch tonight based on what he’s hearing from sources.
- According to Albert Breer, the whispers that Tom Coughlin loves Clemson QB Deshaun Watson are growing louder the closer we get to the draft and it’s possible they could draft him over LSU RB Leonard Fournette.
- This, of course, would signal the end of Blake Bortles‘ time in Jacksonville.
- A report from this morning mentioned that there’s “growing chatter” that the Jaguars may take Watson at No. 4 overall. (NFLTR)
- Albert Breer of TheMMQB.com could see the Titans trading out of the No. 5 and No. 18 picks tonight.
- There has been a lot talk about Tennessee moving down from No. 5 overall with a team like the Browns, but Breer points out that a run on offensive linemen could start around No. 18 overall.
Tags Blake Bortle Chad Williams Christian McCaffrey David Njoku Deshaun Watson Gareon Conley Leonard Fournette Nate Peterman O.J. Howard Tom Coughlin