Home / Cowboys / NFL Rumors: Cowboys, Jaguars, Lions & Rams
NFL Rumors: Cowboys, Jaguars, Lions & Rams
- Todd Archer of ESPN would select Ohio State DE Joey Bosa over Florida State DB Jalen Ramsey at No. 4 overall, given that the Cowboys have a larger need at defensive end than in their secondary.
- Archer backs Cowboys owner Jerry Jones‘ statement that RB Darren McFadden will start over recently acquired RB Alfred Morris since he played well last season and deserves another chance to start.
- Although, Archer expects McFadden and Morris to split carries to limit the possibility of injuries.
- Mike DiRocco of ESPN writes that the acquisition of FS Tashaun Gipson will enable SS Johnathan Cyprien to play in the box and allow the Jaguars to fully evaluate whether Cyprien is a long-term option for the team.
- DiRocco believes it is more likely for the Jaguars to trade down in the 2016 NFL Draft than trade up.
- However, this scenario likely would only be an option if the Browns do not select a quarterback at No. 2 overall and a quarterback-needy team wants to move up.
- Regardless, DiRocco thinks Cleveland will ultimately draft a quarterback, despite signing Robert Griffin III.
- DiRocco does not expect RB T.J. Yeldon to eclipse 1,000 rushing yards in 2016 now that he will split carries with RB Chris Ivory.
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN names Duke’s Jeremy Cash, USC’s Su’a Cravens, Clemson’s Jayron Kearse and Southern Utah’s Miles Killebrew as mid-round options at the safety position for the Lions.
- According to Rothstein, the signing of WR Jeremy Kerley could give WR Golden Tate some rest as a punt returner.
- Rothstein doesn’t rule out the Lions re-signing free agents DE Jason Jones or DE Darryl Tapp on cheap veteran deals.
- As for free agents RB Joique Bell and WR Lance Moore, Rothstein only thinks Bell would re-sign if he is alright with a “very cheap” contract and reduced role, while the signing of Kerley eliminated the possibility of them bringing back Moore.
- Rothstein views Ohio State OT Taylor Decker as a better option than Michigan State OT Jack Conklin, since he seems to have more long-term potential as a left tackle.
- With Jim Bob Cooter back as the team’s offensive coordinator, Rothstein expects to see more runs out of the shotgun and audibles at the line of scrimmage next season.
- Rothstein thinks Notre Dame WR Will Fuller would be a good fit for the Lions, but only as a trade down option or if he’s available in the second round.
- Although Nick Wagoner of ESPN thinks the Rams are more likely to stay put at No. 15 overall, he could see them trading up to select a franchise quarterback.
- Wagoner doesn’t rule out the possibility of them trading up ahead of the 49ers at No. 7 to take the second best quarterback available.
- Wagoner points out that the Rams do have three selections in the top 45 picks of the draft to work with if they want to move up.
Tags Alfred Morris Chris Ivory Darren McFadden Darryl Tapp Golden Tate Jack Conklin Jalen Ramsey Jason Jones Jayron Kearse Jeremy Cash Jeremy Kerley Jerry Jones Jim Bob Cooter Joey Bosa Johnathan Cyprien Joique Bell Lance Moore Miles Killebrew Robert Griffin III S’ua Cravens T.J. Yeldon Tashaun Gipson Taylor Decker Will Fuller