- According to Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com, Notre Dame LB Jaylon Smith could still end up being a first-round pick if his medical recheck goes well in the coming weeks.
- Campbell mentions that NFL teams would have to feel as though Smith would miss limited time and not have long-term effects following the serious knee injury he sustained last year.
- Campbell lists the Chiefs, Packers, Texans, Bengals, and Vikings as teams to watch for Smith, depending on how things go with his medical recheck.
- Stony Brook DE Victor Ochi visited Cardinals on Wednesday and is meeting with the Falcons on Friday. (Jordan Raanan)
- Indiana QB Nate Sudfeld had a second private workout for the Cardinals in recent days. (Adam Caplan)
- Adam Schefter reports that the Browns have let go of six scouts whose contracts were set to expire in an attempt to streamline their personnel department.
Following the news that Jets LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson has decided to retire from the NFL, Rich Cimini takes a look at some left tackle options for the Jets to consider in the coming months.
- Cimini suggests possibly inquiring about a trade for Broncos LT Ryan Clady, who is reportedly on the trading block. Cimini mentions that any deal would almost certainly require him to renegotiate his contract.
- In terms of the draft, Cimini lists Ohio State’s Taylor Decker, Texas A&M’s Germain Ifedi and Indiana’s Jason Spriggs as three potential options.
- Free agency offers few reasonable options, but Cimini lists Will Beatty, Jake Long and Ben Ijalana as three names worth considering.
- Charlie Campbell of WalterFootball.com reports that the Redskins are believed to be in the market for younger and faster on the defensive linemen.
- According to Campbell, Washington is not overly interested in Alabama defensive lineman Jarran Reed or A’Shawn Robinson.