- Free agent OT Jermon Bushrod says he hopes to complete his rehab from shoulder surgery by June and doesn’t anticipate much interest until he is healthy. (Alex Marvez)
Browns HC Hue Jackson said the team is not “anywhere close” to deciding what their best option is with the No. 2 overall pick.
“We’re not anywhere close to being able to make a decision on what’s best for us right now,” Jackson said, via CBS Cleveland.
Jackson admitted that he has not gathered enough information on the top three quarterback prospects in North Dakota’s Carson Wentz, California’s Jared Goff, and Memphis’ Paxton Lynch.
“This is a process and it’s a long, tedious grinding process that we need to go through to make sure we put the right players on our team,” Jackson said. “It’s not just quarterbacks. It’s at every position. But obviously I know that that’s the most important position everybody is talking about. So we’ll spend the time grinding on our quarterbacks, grinding on every position that’s there.”
Additionally, Jackson dismissed the report saying that Goff did not do well during their formal interview.
“I don’t know where that came from,” Jackson said. “I think all the young man that we talked to did a great job and again I’m going to get an opportunity to see them more, talk to them more and spend time with them. Again, 15 minutes is not enough time to really get a feel for a quarterback. That was the process and I thought they all did a great job.”
- Chiefs’ impending free agent NT Jaye Howard says re-signing with the team is “up in the air” and that while he would like to return to Kansas City, he will look to sign a lucrative contract. (Alex Marvez)
- According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets believe they will be able to find a quality running back during the mid-to-late rounds of the NFL Draft.
- With that, Mehta does not think the Jets would draft Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliot with the No. 20 overall pick.
- Mehta writes that Marcus Williams and Buster Skrine will battle for the No. 2 cornerback role.