“I find it unlikely,” Maske’s source said. “But there is always someone that wants to give guys like him a second or third chance. [It’s] not likely that a football person would want him.”
- John Keim of ESPN spoke to a person with Redskins about the news that free agent LB James Laurinaitis is visiting Washington who said: “I haven’t heard that one.”
- Jordan Raanan mentions that he’s getting a “similar vibe” about Laurinaitis and Giants while also pointing out that it’s unlikely Laurinaitis will in fact make seven visits to NFL teams.
- Matt Maiocco reports that Laurinaitis has yet to visit the 49ers, and it’s unclear if he will.
- According to Rand Getlin, free agent S Tony Jefferson has the attention of a number of teams in need of safety help right now.
- Joe Person writes that while the Panthers could offer free agent S Eric Weddle the ability to contend for a title, Carolina will likely focus on other priorities, unless Weddle ends up being a bargain option.
- According to Person, there’s still a chance that DT Kyle Love could re-sign with the Panthers.
Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the NFLPA is advising agents to remove language included by the Rams in their contracts with free agents that would prevent them from being subject to California compensation claim laws and would instead be based on Missouri’s.
The NFLPA sent the following memo to agents about the issue:
“We believe that any reference to the state of Missouri is inappropriate since the Rams have relocated to California as evidenced by the fact that they have changed their name on their website to the Los Angeles Rams, are prepared to hold off-season workouts and training camp in California, and will practice and play their home games in California in 2016.”