- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Jon Gruden is expected to target Jets OC John Morton to join his coaching staff if Gruden agrees to accept the Raiders’ head coach position. According to Mehta, the Jets won’t prevent Morton from leaving if he wants to join Gruden’s staff.
- Ian Rapoport says that the Raiders are confident they can lure Gruden back to the NFL.
- According to Vincent Bonsignore, the smoke around Gruden and the Raiders is real.
- Bengals HC Marvin Lewis told reporters that it’s more complicated than just owner Mike Brown asking him to come next year. Lewis did, however, say that he would like to coach the Bengals next season. (Jim Owczarski)
- Mike Klis reports that Broncos executive VP John Elway is going to sleep on whether or not he’ll bring back HC Vance Joseph for the 2018 season before meeting with Joseph Monday morning.
- Elway has not made a decision as of now, but Klis says it won’t be surprising if Joseph stays for a second year.
- According to Klis, Elway, Matt Russell and Gary Kubiak will not attend Rose Bowl tomorrow to allow Elway to meet with Joseph in the morning.
- Joseph told reporters that he expects to stay and wants “to fix it.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
Cardinals HC Bruce Arians told reporters after Sunday’s win over the Seahawks that he still hasn’t made any determination regarding his future.
“Nothing has changed,” Arians said, via AzCardinals.com.
However, Arians did say that he won’t drag the situation out and will have a decision for the Cardinals at some point in the near future.
- Laura Okmin reports that Arians met with Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill Sunday morning, and a decision could come tomorrow.