- According to Mike Klis, the Broncos, Jets and Cardinals are all expected to have interest in QB Kirk Cousins with the Jaguars and Browns being other teams to watch.
- Rich Cimini writes that the Jets are expected to be a suitor for Cousins and have the resources to land him. Cimini points out that the Jets could make themselves a more attractive landing spot for Cousins by promoting Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator. However, some sources within the Jets still wonder if ownership will spend the kind of money it will take to land Cousins in free agency.
- Ian Rapoport said on the NFL Network Tuesday night that the Broncos are “poised to make a run” at Cousins in free agency with the Jets and Bills also teams to watch.
- Mike Klis reports that the Broncos had some interest in Alex Smith before he was traded to the Redskins Thursday night.
- Klis says that Kick Cousins and Case Keenum would be at the top of the Broncos’ wishlist.
New Cardinals DC Al Holcomb said he’s looking forward to sitting down with former first-round DL Robert Nkemdiche and helping him continue to develop.
“From the little bit of film I’ve observed and watched, he obviously at times jumps off the tape,” Holcomb said of the Cards’ defensive tackle, via Azcentral Sports. “He’s got some ability. That’s something that as we get into Phase 1 and Phase 2, we’re going to sit down and discuss some things and try to find out exactly what makes him tick. And as a coaching staff, we have to try to do the best thing that we can to get the most out of him and continue to develop his talents and get him on the field. That’s why we’re here.”
- John Keim reports that the Jets have hired former Redskins safeties coach Steve Jackson as an assistant DBs coach.