Home Browns NFL Rumors: Kirk Cousins, Browns, Cardinals, Jets
- Sources have told Tony Pauline that the Cardinals will likely make a “big run” at signing Kirk Cousins in free agency, considering that they currently have the No. 15 overall pick and won’t have an opportunity to land one of the top quarterback prospects.
- Another offseason storyline worth keeping an eye on for Arizona, according to Pauline, is a potential long-term extension for RB David Johnson.
- Johnson still has one year remaining on his rookie contract, but Pauline says that the Cardinals will look to get a deal done once the signing period opens and it’s possible that they could make him the highest-paid running back in the NFL.
- According to Tony Pauline, if the Browns QB Kirk Cousins, the belief right now is that they would not use their No. 1 overall pick on a quarterback prospect.
- Interestingly enough, Pauline says that Cleveland would likely go a different route to open the draft and possibly take Penn State RB Saquon Barkley.
- Tony Pauline writes that the Jets could target QB Kirk Cousins in free agency, which would allow them to keep one of their young quarterbacks around and he’s betting that it would likely be Bryce Petty.
- As for Christian Hackenberg, a source told him at the Shrine Game that it’s likely over the former second-round pick in the NFL: “Stick a fork in him — he’s done.”
- According to Pauline, sources within the Jets’ organization and even some teammates feel Hackenberg does not have a future with the team and don’t believe he will be in New York much longer.
- Pauline seems to think the Jets may attempt to trade Hackenberg for a conditional late-round pick as opposed to waiving him outright.