Home Bills NFL Rumors: Kirk Cousins, Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterbacks, Free Agents
- Ben Volin of the Boston Globe confirms that Kirk Cousins has narrowed his market down to four teams — the Vikings, Broncos, Jets, and Cardinals.
- Volin points out that the Jets are best positioned to make Cousins the largest offer while the Cardinals are a bit of a wildcard for him.
- Some issue that could impact the Vikings’ pursuit of Cousins, according to Volin, include the fact that they have a number of players to sign to long-term deals and the NFL’s funding requirement would force them to put all guaranteed money into escrow and Vikings ownership isn’t wealthy enough to simply cut a $90 million check.
- Volin reports that the Vikings told Teddy Bridgewater at the Combine last weekend that they intend to pursue Cousins in free agency. However, they still view him as a “viable backup plan.”
- Sticking with Bridgewater, Volin says that Bridgewater should be in high demand between the Dolphins, Jaguars, and whichever teams miss out on Cousins. In fact, Volin thinks he could get $12 million-$15 million per year on a one- or two-year prove-it deal.
- According to Volin, the expectation remains that QB Drew Brees will re-sign with the Saints. However, Volin adds that this situation is still worth watching,
- If the Bills plan to draft a quarterback, Volin suggests A.J. McCarron, Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon as veteran options that could make sense for them.
- Volin confirms that the Broncos are likely to target Case Keenum if they end up missing out on Cousins.
- Other teams expected to be in the market for a veteran quarterback this offseason, according to Volin, include the Dolphins, Jaguars, and Panthers.
- According to Volin, the Broncos could make a run at signing Patriots LT Nate Solder in free agency, but it’s more likely they’ll address the position in the draft.
- Volin expects there to be a bidding war between the Giants and Cardinals for Panthers G Andrew Norwell.