ESPN’s Todd McShay (Insider) recently ran through some of the draft buzz he’s hearing regarding a few teams and players.
- Regarding Louisville QB Lamar Jackson, McShay is hearing that the Jaguars, Saints, Patriots and Steelers are teams to keep an eye on along with the Ravens and Bengals.
- McShay says he feeling strongly that Jackson will be a first-round pick on Thursday.
- McShay reports that Browns GM John Dorsey is clearly playing this close to the vest right now, which is why reports have been all of the place the past few weeks about their plans at No. 1 overall.
- According to McShay, the Browns will either take Sam Darnold or Josh Allen at No. 1 overall and then “run the card up and take either Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb” at No. 4.
- Of the Barkley and Chubb, McShay thinks Chubb would make more sense for the Browns to pair opposite Myles Garrett.
- According to McShay, some believe the Giants will take Sam Darnold at No. 2 if he ends up being available. However, McShay doesn’t expect them to draft a quarterback there.
- McShay adds that opinions from his sources are still split on whether they’ll draft Saquon Barkley or Bradley Chubb.
- One source tells McShay: “Giants are taking, Chubb, right? It’s the obvious pick.”
- McShay says it’s his understanding that the Jets have Sam Darnold as their top choice with Baker Mayfield and Josh Rosen being the other two QBs they’re considering.
- If Baker Mayfield or Bradley Chubb aren’t available for the Broncos at No. 5 overall, he could see them trying to trade back.
- According to McShay, the Buccaneers appear to have narrowed in on FSU S Derwin James, which he calls “the worst-kept secret in the NFL right now.”
- McShay singles out the Bears as a team to watch as a potential option for teams trading up to get a quarterback.
- McShay has heard Roquan Smith linked to the Raiders, but he admits it’s unlikely he’ll last that long. Other options to watch for Oakland, per McShay, include Tremaine Edmunds and Vita Vea.