NFL Rumors: LaQuon Treadwell, Draft, Patriots, & Rams
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell’s 4.63 40-yard dash time at his Pro Day is considered to be a red flag for NFL scouts, even though this was the overall expectation.
- Even with the poor time, scouts believe Treadwell runs good routes and should be a fine receiver in the short term.
- Cole adds that the biggest concern from scouts is really how Treadwell will hold up in the long term and once he loses a step in terms of his speed.
- Minnesota LB De’Vondre Campbell said he has visits lined up with the Cardinals, Vikings, Chiefs and Falcons in the coming weeks. (Chris Tomasson)
- Tony Pauline mentions that Stony Brook LB Victor Ochi would be a “perfect fit” for the Ravens, Cardinals or Jets.
- Ole Miss WR Cody Core has already worked out for the Cowboys and Patriots, and has workouts scheduled with the Buccaneers and Raiders.
- According to Pauline, the Colts privately worked out Illinois State RB Marshaun Coprich on Monday.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN writes that the one-year deal signed by veteran WR Nate Washington with the Patriots is a clear indication that he’ll be on the roster bubble this summer.
- Washington receives a one-year, $1.065 million deal, which happens to be a minimum salary.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN writes that picking up LB Alec Olgetree’s fifth-year option is a pretty easy decision for the Rams.
- However, WR Tavon Austin‘s fifth-year option is more complicated, as it would cost them $12.268 million in 2017.
- With this in mind, Wagoner believes Austin could be candidate for a contract extension.
Tags Alec Olgetree Cody Core De'Vondre Campbell Laquon Treadwell Marshaun Coprich Nate Washington Tavon Austin Victor Ochi