Home / Colts / NFL Rumors: LeGarrette Blount, Colts, Dolphins, Lions, & Steelers
NFL Rumors: LeGarrette Blount, Colts, Dolphins, Lions, & Steelers
- Ian Rapoport of MFL Media reports that free agent RB LeGarrette Blount is 100 percent healthy after suffering a chipped bone in his hip during the 2015 season.
- According to Rapoport, Blount never underwent surgery for the issue and is expected to be good to go for OTAs.
- Stephen Holder reports that the Colts made ILB Jerrell Freeman a “substantial” offer weeks ago, but he spurned that offer and fired his agent thinking that he was going to have better offers available. However, that wound up not being the case.
- According to Holder, the Colts began moving in a new direction once Freeman turned down their original offer and were making other plans in free agency.
- Holder adds that it’s unclear if the Colts even made him another offer or if Freeman gave them the opportunity to match the deal with the Bears.
- Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post reports that the Dolphins made a concerted effort this year not to settle or overpay in free agency.
- While the Dolphins could use help at cornerback, Abramson mentions that they “don’t particularly like this year’s crop of free-agent cornerbacks.”
- Miami has reportedly shown interest in CB Nolan Carroll, but also have concerns about his health.
- Kyle Meinke points out that even though reports said that the Lions had informed LB Stephen Tulloch he was going to be released at the start of the league year, he remains on their roster.
- Meinke added that Tulloch is owed a $500,000 roster bonus tomorrow.
Tags Darrius Heyward-Bey Jerrell Freeman LeGarrette Blount Martavis Bryant Nolan Carroll Stephen Tulloch