NFL Rumors: Malcolm Butler, Draft, Packers, Seahawks
- While the Saints elected to take CB Marshon Lattimore at No. 11 overall and then used the No. 32 overall pick on OT Ryan Ramczyk, Breer believes Malcolm Butler trade is probably dead, but notes that the Patriots didn’t want No. 32 overall and instead were looking for No. 42 overall and another pick.
- Jeff Howe also mentions that the No. 42 pick is something to watch in regards to Butler. Although, Howe adds that the Saints like how the board is falling for them right now and may not be willing to trade it for Butler.
- Albert Breer says that the availability of OT Cam Robinson and G Forrest Lamp could prompt some early trade movement in round two, due to the lack of depth at offensive line after those two are gone.
- Breer mentions that it’s not hard to see DeShone Kizer and Davis Webb sliding a little in round two, given that there aren’t that many suitors in the top half of the round. Breer does, however, wonder if the Bills or Chargers could make sense for these two quarterbacks.
- According to Albert Breer, the Packers would like to trade down again from No. 33 overall.
However, if Green Bay remains at the No. 33 spot, Breer believes they’ll likely target a defensive player such as a cornerback or a linebacker.
- We have the Packers taking CB Kevin King and Derek Rivers in our new Second-Round Mock Draft.
- Albert Breer reports that the Seahawks have been linked to Western Kentucky G Forrest Lamp for a while, but he wonders if they’re more inclined to take a defensive back at No. 34 such as UConn’s Obi Melifonwu.
- We have the Seahawks taking G Forrest Lamp and CB Cordrea Tankersley in our new Second-Round Mock Draft.
Tags Cam Robinson Davis Webb DeShone Kizer Forrest Lamp Malcolm Butler Obi Melifonwu