Here’s a collection of random rumors that pertain to coaching changes and new hires.
- Seth Markman tweets that Eric Mangini could end up coaching UConn next year. Now that he’s been let go it would be hard to rule this out a possibility.
- Michael Lombardi of NFL Network reports that the University of Pittsburgh has Marvin Lewis on it’s short list of coaches after they fired Mike Haywood because of a recent felony charge. Lewis coached at Pitt years ago so this is an option.
- San Francisco reporter Nancy Gay tweeted that Hue Jackson and Josh McDaniels both “intrigue” Raiders owner Al Davis. Jackson appears to be the front runner but the mention of McDaniels is interesting.
- Pro Football Talk reports that a league source mentioned that the Carolina Panthers will interview Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera in the coming days for the teams head coaching vacancy.
- Fox’s Jay Glazer reported that the Seattle Seahawks have signed Mike Williams to three-year deal before Sunday nights game.
- Jason La Canfora tweets that sources close to Bill Cowher do not expect him to join the Miami Dolphins as their next head coach because of the money that he would command and the organizational changes that would likely take place.