“When this process started, I knew that I wasn’t going back to Minnesota,” Wallace said, via the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. “I was like, ‘I need a good quarterback. I need a quarterback who I know is proven and can get things done.”
- John Keim writes that the Redskins having the first of first refusal for free agent OLB Junior Galette is a killer in terms of his leverage to negotiate a new deal.
- Keim mentions that teams have told Galette they have concerns about his injury and character after all that transpired in 2015.
- Galette reportedly thought he could get a similar deal, but a little lower than what Jason Pierre-Paul got from the Giants. However, it looks like that was wishful thinking.
- Keim still anticipates Galette being back with the Redskins in 2016.
- Troy Renck reports that the situation between the Broncos and LT Ryan Clady “remains fluid.“
- According to Renck, Denver has spoken to Clady about taking a pay cut, but there’s still no resolution in the matter.
- Nicki Jhabvala reports that the Broncos worked to keep S David Bruton, and even matched the Redskins’ offer. However, the decision ultimately came down to playing time.
- Rob Demovsky reports that the Packers actually inquired about a trade for then Rams TE Jared Cook at the trade deadline last season, but couldn’t reach an agreement on a deal.
- Cook visited with the team on Monday, according to numerous reports.
- Jason Cole reports that there have been no extension talks between the Patriots and LB Jamie Collins regarding a new contract, despite New England trading DE Chandler Jones to the Cardinals on Tuesday.