UNC QB Mitch Trubisky addressed concerns about his limited playing time in college during an interview with Pro Football Talk.
“It’s pretty obvious I only started 13 games, but I played in 30,” Trubisky said. “I think there’s a lot of things you can look at besides playing experience. I do have a lot of experience around the game, being at North Carolina for four years. I guarantee I’ve watched as much tape if not more than all the other quarterbacks going through this process. I’ve seen a lot of ball. I’m a student of the game. I’m a quick learner. The experience thing does hold some weight but I’ve been around the game long enough, I know enough and I definitely know enough, and I’ve shown what I can do last year and I will be successful at the next level.”
- Alex Marvez reports that at least one team has removed Florida DT Caleb Brantley from their draft boards because of character concerns.
- This comes after Brantley was charged with misdemeanor simple battery after an altercation with a woman.
Mary Kay Cabot reports that while there has been a lot of talk about Mitch Trubisky being the first pick in the past 24 hours, the Browns have continued to discuss trade up options to get back into the top eight picks.
According to Cabot, the Browns have given indications that they’re still set to take DE Myles Garrett first overall.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Browns have contacted roughly 27 teams gauging interest in moving up or down.
- Jeff Darlington reports that 49ers’ intel makes them skeptical about Trubisky going to the Browns at No. 1 overall. A 49ers source tells Darlington that he senses something “fishy” about buzz regarding Trubisky to the Browns at No. 1 and they aren’t buying it.
- Regarding the recent buzz about the Browns possibly taking Mitch Trubisky with the No. 1 overall pick, Josina Anderson spoke to a team source last night who told her: “We meet in the morning. I just don’t see that.”
- Anderson wonders if all of the top executives in the Browns are being clued in on the team’s intentions.
- Meanwhile, a Browns’ source who spoke to Anderson is advocating that they should take DE Myles Garrett: “He’s undeniably the best talent I’ve seen come up in the last six years.”
- presumably to draft Trubisky, and have given indications that they’re still set to take Garrett first overall.
- Albert Breer writes that the issue with the Saints pursuing a trade for Patriots CB Malcolm Butler isn’t parting with just one pick. It’s the fact that it may require multi picks and they have a number of needs to address this year.