- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports believes the Raiders should pursue a trade with the Jets for franchise DE Muhammad Wilkerson.
- According to La Canfora, the Jets haven’t even explored a long-term deal with Wilkerson up to this point and the two sides haven’t close to an agreement.
- Peter Schrager of FOX Sports mentioned during an appearance on “The Herd” with Colin Cowherd that former Eagles HC Chip Kelly offered the Titans a first- and second-round pick in 2015, first-round pick in 2016 and any quarterback and defensive player on their roster to trade up No. 2 overall and take QB Marcus Mariota. (Liam Jenkins)
- However, Terry McCormick reports that the Eagles didn’t really offer all of this to the Titans for Mariota and adds that it’s really a moot point anyways, considering that Tennessee liked Mariota too much to trade their pick.
Bills GM Doug Whaley made it clear that they plan to take the best available player in round one no matter of position.
“If Jared Goff is sitting their at #19 we are going to stay true to our board and take him,” Whaley said, via Sirius XM NFL Radio. “Best available.
- Barry Jackson reports that the Dolphins have told free agent LB Spencer Paysinger they want him back next year, but he wants to see if can get more than minimum from another team.
- According to Jackson, it would not be surprising to see newly signed DE Andre Branch play prominent role opposite of Mario Williams next year, as the Dolphins have reportedly told people for weeks they prefer Cameron Wake as pass-rush specialist.
- However, Jackson adds that the Dolphins are still willing to pay Wake his $8.3 million base salary because they regard him as high-level pass rusher.