Panthers GM Dave Gettleman confirmed that the comments made by UCLA LB Myles Jack in which he admitted he may need microfracture surgery at some point played a role in their decision to pass on him at end of round one.
“Not after what he said today,” Gettleman said when asked if he was surprised that Jacks was still on the board, via Pro Football Talk. “Very frankly. The kid came out and said he is going to need a microfracture.”
- While Bills DE Shaq Lawson denied that he needs shoulder surgery, at least six teams have told Adam Schefter that they believe he will need shoulder surgery at some point.
- Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald expects first-round pick Laremy Tunsil to play guard for the Dolphins this year.
- Manish Mehta reports that the Jets never seriously considered drafting Memphis QB Paxton Lynch last night.
- In fact, the Jets reportedly considered Lynch to be more of a mid-rounder pick in the third- or fourth-round range.
- According to Mehta, the Jets tried to trade up for Ole Miss OT Laremy Tunsil during his slide last night, but the asking price was too steep.
- Citing a reliable Ravens’ source, Ed Werder reports that Baltimore was attempting to trade up with the Cowboys to select FSU DB Jalen Ramsey.
- The two sides weren’t able to complete the deal and Ramsey was taken by the Jaguars.
- Reports have also said that they would have taken Laremy Tunsil at No. 6 overall had the video of him smoking marijuana not appeared just minutes before the event got underway.