Home / NFL Draft / NFL Rumors: Packers, Panthers, Raiders, Rams, Vikings
NFL Rumors: Packers, Panthers, Raiders, Rams, Vikings
- While the Packers have come up as a team to watch for Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon in recent days, a source close to GM Ted Thompson tells Jason Cole of B/R that it would be a “big surprise” if they selected him.
- According to the source, Thompson has regularly removed prospects from the team’s draft board if they were involved in violence against women.
- Earlier in the day, Matt Miller mentioned that Mixon is “very much in play” for Green Bay in the second round and is still on their draft board.
- On Monday, Peter King of TheMMQB.com mentioned that the Packers are among the teams Mixon has garnered the most interest from during the draft process.
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the Panthers are open to trading back from No. 8 overall, depending on who’s available to them.
- Garafolo bringing this up in response to a report that the Browns have spoken to at least three teams in the top 8 about moves up the board.
- According to Garafolo, the Panthers like RB Leonard Fournette among other prospects including some defensive prospects.
- Another player to watch for Carolina, according to Garafolo, is Washington WR John Ross.
- Joel Corry points out that the new two-year, $7 million contract Adrian Peterson signed with the Saints should provide a roadmap for the Raiders and Marshawn Lynch to reach an agreement on a deal.
- Myles Simmons mentions that the main takeaway from Rams GM Les Snead’s press conference is that they aren’t looking to trade franchise CB Trumaine Johnson right now.
- Instead, Snead said that they’re more likely to go through the offseason program, and then possibly look to sign Johnson to an extension, per Simmons.
- Vikings QB Sam Bradford told reporters that he doesn’t believe there have been any discussions between his agent and the team regarding a possible contract extension. (Chris Tomasson)
- Bradford added that he really is not all that worried about his contract situation and a potential extension with Minnesota right now. (Chris Tomasson)
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman mentioned that it still remains to be seen when QB Teddy Bridgewater will be able to return from his knee injury. Although, Spielman added that Bridgewater had a great first week of offseason work. (Chris Tomasson)
Tags Joe Mixon John Ross Leonard Fournette Les Snead Trumaine Johnson