Although Cardinals free agent CB Jerraud Powers said progress has been made towards re-signing with Arizona, he admits that he is unsure if a contract will be finalized.
“I think it’s close but at the same time, it’s not,” Powers said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “We’ve been in talks, but I don’t know what the waiting process is like. I’m starting to think that maybe they’re just going to move in another direction.”
- Aaron Wilson believes Giants free agent WR Rueben Randle will do well on the open market.
- Jordan Raanan expects the Giants to make “several more big moves” on the defensive line through free agency.
- Jason La Canfora hears the Jets are doing their “due diligence” on examining the cornerback market.
- Kimberley A. Martin reports that multiple teams are interested in Jets free agent RB Chris Ivory, who desires a three-year contract that will pay around $6.5 million annually.
- Luke Rodgers reports that the Packers are showing interest in trading for Bears TE Martellus Bennett.
- However, Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel does not seem to think the rumor is legitimate since Packers GM Ted Thompson rarely trades for players, let alone working with the Bears on a deal.
- ESPN’s Ed Werder believes the Packers would have interest in Bennett if he were to be released.
“I’ve been open with my plan. My plan is to be a Raider,” Penn said, via Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune. “We’re trying to figure out of the feeling is mutual. They tell me it is. They made a great signing, that’s a great pickup for Derek Carr and everybody., We’re going to see what’s going to happen. Only time is going to tell. The good thing is I’m showing interest from other teams.”