Home / Jets / NFL Rumors: Jets, Lions, Patriots, Rams & Vikings
NFL Rumors: Jets, Lions, Patriots, Rams & Vikings
- While Rich Cimini of ESPN would rather keep impending free agent DL Muhammad Wilkerson and trade DT Sheldon Richardson, he believes it would be near impossible to get a fair market price for Richardson, given he is in the league’s substance-abuse program and is facing a suspension for his police-chase arrest in July.
- According to Cimini, Wilkerson and the Jets are not close to reaching an agreement.
- Mike Rothstein of ESPN believes the Lions must consider selecting Ole Miss WR Laquon Treadwell if he is available to them at No. 16 overall.
- Rothstein writes that Treadwell could replace Calvin Johnson should he retire and has the potential to be a game-changer for the next decade.
- In the event Johnson’s indecision on retiring carries into the free agent period, Rothstein does not think GM Bob Quinn would elect to release him in order to create cap space.
- In the end, Rothstein writes that Johnson will either retire or continue playing with the Lions.
- Rothstein could see the Lions inquiring about free agent LB James Laurinaitis if he is willing to sign at a decent price.
- Rothstein does not think DE Chris Long would be a good option for the Lions because of his age.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN expects impending free agent DT Akiem Hicks to wait and see what kind of interest there is in him before deciding on whether to re-sign with the Patriots.
- Reiss doesn’t think it makes a lot of sense for the Patriots to show their financial commitment to Hicks before having an idea of what kind of contract he could get on the open market.
- According to Nick Wagoner of ESPN, if the Rams are ever going to appear on “Hard Knocks“, this figures to the year, given that they’re moving back to Los Angeles.
- Wagoner adds that while no decision has been made, he’s at least heard some whispers about the possibility.
- Wagoner writes that the Rams have “no intention” of allowing restricted free agent QB Case Keenum to depart in free agency and they could end up using a first- or second-round tender on him in the next week.
- Ben Goessling of ESPN believes WR Cordarrelle Patterson‘s play-making potential is still too high for the team to stop using him offensively.
- Though former fifth-round rookie WR Stefon Diggs overtook WR Charles Johnson on the depth chart, Goessling could see Johnson bouncing back to make a contribution in 2016. Goessling adds that a strong offseason program will be important for Johnson.
- While Goessling expects QB Teddy Bridgewater to try and correct his throwing mechanics this offseason, he does not think the Vikings will force any large overhaul on him.
- Goessling lists Bengals impending free agent safeties George Iloka and Reggie Nelson as two potential targets for the Vikings, due to their connection with HC Mike Zimmer, who was Cincinnati’s defensive coordinator from 2008 to 2013.
Tags Akiem Hicks Bob Quinn Calvin Johnson Case Keenum Chris Long Cordarrelle Patterson George Iloka James Laurinaitis Laquon Treadwell Mike Zimmer Muhammad Wilkerson Reggie Nelson Sheldon Richardson Stefon Diggs Teddy Bridgewater