Home / Bills / Draft Rumors: Paxton Lynch, Robert Nkemdiche, & Bills
Draft Rumors: Paxton Lynch, Robert Nkemdiche, & Bills
- According to Matt Miller of Bleacher Report, Memphis QB Paxton Lynch did not do well in his interview sessions with NFL teams at the Combine.
- Scouts told Miller that Lynch came off very “aloof” and struggled with the whiteboard part of the meeting.
- Miller believes his poor interviews could actually lead to him dropping in the first round and still being on the board when teams like the Jets and Texans are drafting at No. 20 and No. 22 overall respectively.
- Matt Miller of B/R reports that there’s a “good chance” Ole Miss DT Robert Nkemdiche falls out of the first-round of this year’s draft, due to the obvious off-the-field concerns.
- Sources have told Miller that Nkemdiche failed in a number of interviews with teams at the Combine, and teams were reportedly concerned enough about his press conference at the event that they asked the NFL Network for the tape of his session.
- Miller adds that Nkemdiche hasn’t separated himself from some of the bad influences in his life such as his older brother, and the possibility exists that he could have a Randy Gregory-like fall this year.
- Bills’ sources told Matt Miller of B/R that they view QB Tyrod Taylor as being an “average” long-term starter.
- Miller mentions that they want to build some depth at the quarterback position this year, which could lead to them adding a quarterback in the middle rounds of the draft.
- Miller adds that they would like to get younger at the position, even though Taylor could be their starter for the next year or team.
- Sources have told Miller that the Bills are intrigued by Stanford’s Kevin Hogan and Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott in this year’s draft class.
Tags Dak Prescott Kevin Hogan Paxton Lynch Robert Nkemdiche Tyrod Taylor