Home / Bills / NFL Rumors: Robert Griffin III, Su’a Cravens, Jets, & Saints
NFL Rumors: Robert Griffin III, Su’a Cravens, Jets, & Saints
Robert Griffin III
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports writes that the Browns were really the only option for QB Robert Griffin III.
- According to Robinson, RGIII was looking for a coach he could connect with who had a reputation for teaching quarterbacks, and going to a place where he could be “reasonably factored in as a long-term answer.“
- Robinson mentions that the Cowboys and Chiefs never showed interest in him while the Texans, Cardinals, and Rams all went in different directions.
- Robinson says that the Broncos never tried to setup a visit with him, but still floated his name to the media as a negotiating pawn.
- Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports that USC LB/S Su’a Cravens has private visits scheduled with the Patriots, Falcons, Panthers, Bills, Colts, Chargers and Saints.
- According to Wilson, Cravens has already met with the Patriots, Browns, Chargers and Lions.
- Brian Costello of the New York Post reports that the Jets would like to include incentives in a potential contract with QB Ryan Fitzpatrick. However, Fitzpatrick and his reps are reportedly resisting the idea.
- Costello mentions that the Jets’ initial offer was in the neighborhood of $7 million per year.
- Joel Corry believes the two-year, $22 million contract signed by new Browns QB Robert Griffin III should lead to the Jets increasing the base value of a Fitzpatrick offer to the max value of RGIII‘s deal.
- Mike Triplett mentions that the Saints will either need to let restricted free agent TE Josh Hill sign with the Bears or make another move to create some cap space.
- According to Triplett, free agent DT Nick Fairley still “very much in play” for the Saints.
Tags Josh Hill Nick Fairley Robert Griffin III Ryan Fitzpatrick S’ua Cravens