- Rand Getlin reports that Clemson DE Shaq Lawson has visited or worked out for the Titans, Browns, Jets, Cowboys, 49ers, Saints, and Panthers.
- Alabama DL Jarran Reed visited with the Panthers this week. (Joe Person)
- Steelers GM Kevin Colbert was on hand for Houston’s Pro Day with his primary interest being projected first-round CB William Jackson. (Aaron Wilson)
- UCLA WR Devin Fuller worked out for the Patriots. (Aaron Wilson)
- Massachusetts QB Blake Frohnapfel met with Lions QBs coach and a scout in advance of Thursday’s Pro Day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Buffalo OT John Kling has worked out for the 49ers and Chargers. (Aaron Wilson)
- Saints had a dinner meeting with Campbell DT Greg Millhouse the night before his Pro Day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Jeff Fisher said they’re “thrilled” with the Rams appearing on “Hard Knocks” in 2016.
- Howard Balzer reported that the Rams actually drafted DE Michael Sam back in 2014 with an agreement in place with NFL that they wouldn’t have to be featured on “Hard Knocks.”
- Fisher referred to the report as “100 percent incorrect” and “absurd.” (ESPN)
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer explained that their decision to cut WR Mike Wallace had more to do with money than his play.
“It was more about money than anything else,” Zimmer said on Wednesday, via Ben Goessling of ESPN. “I thought he was a great kid. … Every day he comes to practice; he works. Even when he’s frustrated, he doesn’t really say he’s frustrated.”
Zimmer added that they’re not necessarily in the market to add another veteran receiver after parting ways with Wallace.
“We had a receiver here that was making a lot of money that really didn’t do what we needed to do,” Zimmer said. “So I don’t know that it’s a necessity to go out and sign another wide receiver. We’ve got to get better with the guys we’ve got, and we’ve got to fix other areas that can allow these receivers to be more effective in the games.”