Home / Bills / NFL Rumors: Laremy Tunsil, Shaq Lawson, Browns, Redskins & Vikings
NFL Rumors: Laremy Tunsil, Shaq Lawson, Browns, Redskins & Vikings
- Dolphins GM Chris Grier said he heard rumors of the video posted on first-round pick Laremy Tunsil‘s Twitter account, saying: “We had heard rumors. The video’s two years old,” per Adam Beasley.
- Grier said he did not expect Tunsil to be available to them at No. 13 and had him graded as the No. 2 player on Miami’s big board, via Beasley.
- When questioned about the leaked image of texts asking for money from a coach at Ole Miss, Tunsil denied the exchange, then admitted to it factually happening after being asked a second time, then was interrupted and ushered off the stage, per Joan Niesen.
- According to Emily Kaplan, Tunsil said regarding the texts: “I have to say yeah.”
- Adam Schefter reports that recently drafted Bills DE Shaq Lawson will require shoulder surgery “at some point” that will prevent him from performing for 4-6 months.
- However, Schefter notes that Lawson will “probably” have an operation after the 2016 season.
- Bills GM Doug Whaley said Lawson was cleared by the team’s medical staff to play, saying: “There’s nothing we’re worried about,” per Tyler Dunne.
- Lawson said he has played with this shoulder issue since his freshman year at Clemson and it has never given him any complications, via Dunne.
- Browns vice president Sashi Brown said he does not anticipate Cleveland trading up back into the first round from the No. 32 overall pick, per Pat McManamon.
- Dom Cosentino writes that Jets GM Mike Maccagnan intimated that DE Muhammad Wilkerson will not be traded.
- Regarding Wilkerson, Maccagnan said: “I would not envision that happening,” per Kimberley A. Martin.
- Jason La Canfora believes the Redskins selected TCU WR Josh Doctson with their first-round pick, since both WR Pierre Garcon and WR DeSean Jackson could be entering their final seasons in Washington.
- Joel Corry mentions the Vikings’ addition of Ole Miss WR LaQuon Treadwell will likely prevent the team from picking up WR Cordarrelle Patterson‘s fifth-year option.
- The Vikings have until May 2 to pick up Patterson’s fifth-year option, which will cost $7.915 million.
Tags Chris Grier Cordarrelle Patterson DeSean Jackson Doug Whaley Josh Doctson Laquon Treadwell Laremy Tunsil Mike Maccagnan Muhammad Wilkerson Pierre Garçon Sashi Brown Shaq Lawson