An NFL executive tells Mike Sando of ESPN that he could see Stanford DE Solomon Thomas falling out of the first few picks of the draft.
“How does everyone know that Thomas is the best fit and tied to the Niners at 2?” the executive said. “For us, on a scouting grade alone, he is not worth that pick. It is interesting to see mocks. What very well could happen is, Thomas will fall. He will be picked by [No.] 6 or somewhere in the top 10. He could go to Carolina at 8, and Panthers fans will say they got a steal, because it was perceived he was the No. 2 player. By whose standards?”
- Peter Schrager reports that the Ravens’ interest in Western Michigan WR Corey Davis “is real“, but they still play to go with the best available player tonight.
- Matt Miller hears that the Browns are also “love” Davis.
- Michael Lombardi reports that teams from No. 11 on would like to trade down.
- Sources tell Tony Pauline that Missouri’s Charles Harris and Tennessee’s Derek Barnett are the fastest last-minute risers and they could be drafted earlier than most believe.
- Pauline also hears that Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie is currently being undervalued and Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey is the most overrated player and could drop out of round 1 altogether.
- Tony Pauline confirms that the Eagles are “infatuated” with Christian McCaffrey, but realize that they would likely have to get ahead of the Panthers at No. 8 overall to get him.
- According to Pauline, the Jets are willing to trade the No. 6 pick, but it’s a question of whether the Eagles could make this happen.