Home / Cardinals / NFL Rumors: Steve Wilks, Matt Nagy, Colts, Texans
NFL Rumors: Steve Wilks, Matt Nagy, Colts, Texans
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Cardinals, Colts, Giants and Lions all want to speak to Panthers DC Steve Wilks.
- The expectation is that Wilks will be allowed to interview for head coach jobs on Monday but it remains to be seen if the Giants or Cardinals, who are believed to be the most serious about hiring Wilks, will get the first interview.
- A report from earlier in the day mentioned that the Giants could be the team to watch for Wilks, who is considered the hottest coaching candidates based on the level of interest in him up to this point. (NFLTR)
- Several sources have told Jason La Canfora that the Chiefs’ surprising loss to the Titans is a “massive setback” for OC Matt Nagy.
- A front office executive can’t see any way a team could hire Nagy after that game: “You can’t hire him now. No way.”
- Nagy interviewed for the Bears and Colts on Sunday, according to Ian Rapoport.
- According to Jason La Canfora, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is “ready to go” and likely to decide between the Colts and Bears.
- La Canfora says he would put his money on McDaniels ending up with the Colts, assuming that Andrew Luck will be ready to return.
- A league source tells Ben Volin of the Boston Globe that he believes this is the year McDaniels agrees to take a head-coaching job. Both Volin and his source agree that the Colts seem like the best fit for McDaniels, especially if Luck’s shoulder is okay.
- While Jason La Canfora isn’t discounting the buzz that Bills executive Brian Gaine is the frontrunner for the Texans’ job, he also isn’t ruling out the possibility that Patriots executive Nick Caserio could end up having a “strong say” in that process before all is said and done.
- Cowboys Vice President of Personnel Will McClay tells Todd Archer of ESPN that he has permission to speak with the Texans regarding their GM job but he has not heard from the team yet: “I haven’t officially accepted or declined interview with Houston because I haven’t talked to anyone from there. My intentions to interview or stay in Dallas won’t be divulged until I speak with someone officially from Houston if they are interested out of respect for both organizations and the process.”
Tags Andrew Luck Brian Gaine Josh McDaniels Matt Nagy Nick Caserio Steve Wilks Will McClay