NFL Rumors: Terrell McClain, 49ers, Bills, Chiefs, Jets
- Toledo TE Mike Roberts has interviewed with the Steelers, Buccaneers, and 49ers at the NFL Combine, according to Tony Pauline.
- Pauline continues to hear that Clemson WR Mike Williams is “unlikely” to run the 40-yard dash at the combine. However, there is no official word yet that he will not participate.
- Pauline expects “excellent” testing numbers from Utah T Garrett Bolles, while a good workout could push him into the top 12 picks.
- Pauline writes that Western Michigan OL Taylor Moton‘s shuttle drill and three-cone times will determine whether he is a guard or right tackle at the professional level.
- Pauline calls Utah G Isaac Asiata as one of the draft’s “most underrated” guards and could be a day one starter in the NFL.
- Pauline expects Oklahoma State RB Chris Carson to “test through the roof” with a near 11-foot broad jump and a 40-yard dash time in the low 4.5s.
- As for Ohio State RB Curtis Samuel, Pauline said there is talk that he will be able to sneak into the first round and to grade as one of the fastest running backs at the combine.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Bills are meeting with RB Mike Gillislee‘s representation at the NFL Combine and there is mutual interest towards finalizing a long-term deal.
- Pauline is told that Gillislee is “hopeful” he can finish his career with the Bills.
- According to Tony Pauline, the Jets’ front office “privately admitted” that they do not expect to put together a winning product for at least two more years.
Tags Alshon Jeffery Chris Carson Curtis Samuel Eric Berry Garrett Bolles Isaac Asiata John Dorsey Laurent Duvernay-Tardif Logan Ryan Mike Roberts Mike Williams Taylor Moton Terrell McClain