Home / Bengals / NFL Rumors: Tony Romo, Adoree’ Jackson, Draft, Giants
NFL Rumors: Tony Romo, Adoree’ Jackson, Draft, Giants
- Todd Archer reports that QB Tony Romo has yet to file his retirement papers with the NFL and doesn’t have any plans to do so anytime soon.
- A source tells Mike Freeman that he believes there’s a “60 or 70 percent chance” Romo ends up playing for the Texans at some point in 2017.
- USC CB Adoree’ Jackson tells Sirius XM NFL Radio that he’s visited with the Cowboys, Buccaneers, Titans and Browns and still has visits lined up with the Eagles and Texans.
- We have him being selected by the Cowboys in the First Round of our 2017 NFL Mock Draft.
- According to Jason La Canfora, Ohio State CB Gareon Conley will end up being drafted in the first half of the first round, given that he’s considered to be a super clean two-year starter with no issues and great film. La Canfora’s sources added that Conley is the “safest” cornerback in this year’s class.
- La Canfora mentions that teams have “mounting concerns” regarding Ohio State CB Marshon Lattimore possibly having “chronic hamstring issues.“
- Florida CB Teez Tabor reportedly isn’t doing himself and favors with his interaction with NFL teams.
- Two other cornerbacks that are in good position right now, according to La Canfora, are Alabama’s Marlon Humphrey and LSU’s Tre’Davious White.
- La Canfora would not be surprised to see LSU S Jamaal Adams get drafted ahead of Ohio State S Malik Hooker and up as a top-10 pick, considering that teams believe Adams is capable of playing both free safety and strong safety.
- Based on what he’s hearing, La Canfora expects Florida’s Jarrad Davis to be the second linebacker selected after Alabama’s Reuben Foster.
- As for Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon, La Canfora can’t see him getting by Bengals at No. 50 overall.
- A quarterback worth watching, per La Canfora, is Iowa’s C.J. Beathard, who could end up being the sixth quarterback to be selected no later than round four.
- NFL teams reportedly don’t have a lot of positive things to say about Oklahoma WR DeDe Westbrook, who apparently turned off a number of teams at the Combine during interviews.
- La Canfora expects Ashland TE Adam Shaheen to be drafted “early” in the second round.
- According to Dan Duggan, the Giants have “some interest” in free agent DT Jared Odrick, but he hasn’t heard anything beyond that.
Tags Adam Shaheen Adoree' Jackson C.J. Beathard Dede Westbrook Gareon Conley Jamaal Adams Jared Odrick Jarrad Davis Joe Mixon Malik Hooker Marlon Humphrey Marshon Lattimore Reuben Foster Teez Tabor Tony Romo Tre'Davious White