Joel Corry of CBS Sports offers four trades he would like to see go down before the upcoming draft. Corry’s trade proposals include:
- Browns trading LT Joe Thomas to the Seahawks for first- and third-round picks.
- Jets trade DL Muhammad Wilkerson to the Colts for a 2016 first-round pick and a 2017 fourth-rounder.
- 49ers trade QB Colin Kaepernick to the Broncos for a 2016 third-round pick and a conditional 2017 fifth-round pick.
- Chiefs trade RB Jamaal Charles to the Dolphins for conditional 2017 fourth-round pick.
- Jason La Canfora reports that NFL teams are very high on Louisiana Tech DL Vernon Butler.
- La Canfora expect Butler to be selected “pretty high” in the first round with the Chiefs being a team to keep an eye on for Butler.
- Scouts reportedly love Butler’s versatility and ability to be both a run-stuffer and an interior pass rusher.
Jason La Canfora mentions that at least one evaluator is adamant Michigan State OT Jack Conklin is among the safest picks in the draft and could be drafted ahead of Notre Dame OT Ronnie Stanley.
“I love everything about him,” the evaluator told La Canfora. “He can be a mean tackle for you and if you moved him inside I believe he is an All-Pro guard.”
- La Canfora predicts TCU ‘s Josh Doctson will be the first receiver to come off the board over Laquon Treadwell and Will Fuller.
- La Canfora can see Ohio State S Vonn Bell and Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller both sneaking into round one.
- The Jets are hosting Indiana OT Jason Spriggs for official visit on Thursday. (Tony Pauline)
Mason was arrested on March 5 on suspicion of resisting arrest, possession of marijuana, reckless driving and failure to register a vehicle, according to Wagoner.
- Ian Rapoport reports that the Rams are hosting Ohio State WR Michael Thomas for a workout this week.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Steelers are looking “long and hard” at cornerbacks in this year’s draft class.