Former first-round pick RB Trent Richardson weighed in at 238 lbs during his visit with the Ravens. To his surprise, the Ravens actually put him through a workout during the visit, but didn’t sign him, given the shape he was currently in.
“I didn’t think I was working out,” Richardson said, via Matt Zenitz of Al.com. “They were like, ‘You ready to go work out?’ I’m like, ‘Work out?’ That was right before the workout and I got weighed right before that. I was like, ‘Oh my God.’ And I jumped on the scale and I was like, ‘Oh my God. I’ve been doing so good…‘”
Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome reportedly told Richardson to get his weight down, and come back at 225 pounds.
Richardson says that HC John Harbaugh told him frankly that this very well could be his last chance in the NFL.
“Coach was like, ‘You’ve got to seize this moment because you might not have another chance.'” Richardson said. “But I was thinking, ‘I’m not going to need another chance.’ I feel like this is going to be the place for me.”
- Ohio State S Vonn Bell has (or has had) meetings, workouts and/or visits with the Browns, Buccaneers, Lions and Saints, according to Rand Getlin.
- Rand Getlin reports that Clemson S Jayron Kearse has met with, or is set to visit and/or workout with the Panthers, Saints and Titans.
- Minnesota LB De’Vondre Campbell has meetings or visits lined up with the Cardinals, Falcons, Chiefs and Vikings. (Chase Goodbread)
- According to Mark Pantoni, the entire Dallas Cowboys’ coaching staff was on hand to work out our Ohio State players on Friday.
- Vaughn McClure reports that free agent G Ted Larsen is headed home after a “great” visit with the Falcons.
- A source tells McClure that Larsen is still considering his options right now, so he won’t sign a contract with the Falcons on Friday.