Houston, 26, figures to be one of the most sought after defensive ends in this year’s free agent class now that Michael Bennett is off the market.
Last year, Houston played and started all 16 games for the Raiders totaling 69 tackles, six sacks and two forced fumbles. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 16 defensive end in a 4-3 system.
We have Houston listed as the No. 9 player in our Top 50 Free Agents list.
Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Packers were very interested in free agent DE Lamarr Houston before his price tag continued climb and ultimately forced them bow out.
The Bears have reportedly turned their attention to Houston in days, so it will be interesting to see what kind of contract he secures.
- Rapoport adds that the Bears are “pushing hard” to sign Hosuton.
- Vikings reportedly like his versatility as a defensive lineman.
- However, Wolfson expects Houston to sign elsewhere.
Houston could be a decent fit for a team like the Packers. Although, they have shown a reluctance to spend big money on anyone who’s not one of their free agents.
- Rapoport adds that the amount of interest from Packers remains unknown at this time.
- Geoff Mosher reports that the Eagles have “checked in” on Houston, but his asking price is likely to be too much for them.
Rapoport has been saying for months now that Green Bay is looking to get more athletic on the defensive side, so we’ll see if anything comes of this.