Adam Schefter, citing league sources, reports that the Panthers do not believe LB Luke Kuechly suffered another concussion, even though he’s still in the concussion protocol.
According to Schefter, all tests conducted on Kueckly since Thursday night’s game against the Eagles have not revealed another concussion. In fact, Schefter says that Kuechly was at the team’s facility on Friday and felt fine.
Even so, Schefter says that Kuechly’s availability for next Sunday’s game against the Bears isn’t guaranteed, but the Panthers are assuming he’ll play.
Kuechly has a history of concussions and missed the final six games of last year with one, so it was obviously very concerning to hear that he was in the concussion protocol again.
Panthers PR rep Steve Drummond announced that Kuechly is still in the concussion protocol and his status has not changed.
Kuechly, 26, is a former first-round pick of the Panthers back in 2012. He’s currently in the third year of his six-year, $64.105 million contract and stands to make base salaries of $7.36 million and $7.6 million over the next two years of the agreement.
In 2017, Kuechly has appeared in six games and recorded 46 tackles, one interception, a forced fumble and two pass defenses for the Panthers.
We’ll have more regarding Kuechly as the news is available.