- Kalil’s base salary of $4.75 million was reduced to $855,000 with the remainder being converted into a signing bonus, according to McIntyre.
- McIntyre notes that Kalil’s 2014 cap figures of $10.4 million was also reduced to $7.284 million.
- Stewart reduced his 2014 base salary of $1.5 million to $785,000, according to McIntyre.
- McIntyre adds that Stewart will receive a $7.5 million signing bonus that will be prorated over the next five years.
- Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer reported earlier in the day that the Panthers also restructured the contract of LB Thomas Davis .
- Person mentioned that the Panthers could also look for some cap saving by reworking the contracts DE Charles Johnson.
Carolina was projected to have around $12 million in cap space before the deals were reworked, but that number should increase by $7,277,250, assuming that the maths proves to be correct.