Instead, Gronkowski will likely miss “multiple” weeks with his return date ultimately being a pain tolerance issue, according to Schefter.
- A source tells Adam Schefter that Gronkowski’s timeframe is “a week or two most likely.“
- ESPN’s Dianna Marie Russini reports Gronkowski is “week to week,” and his knee injury is more of a bruise than a tear.
Ian Rapoport is now reporting that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski may only miss a single game due to the knee injury he suffered against the Broncos, and there’s at least a chance he could be back in Week 13.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is believed to have no structure damage to his knee, but will still undergo more tests Monday.
- According to Rapoport, the expectation right now is that he’ll miss a “minimal” amount of time.
- Meanwhile, a source tells Adam Schefter: “We think he is going to be ok.“
A source texted ESPN’s Adam Schefter that Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski’s knee injury “doesn’t appear to be serious.”
- Jeff Howe observed that Gronkowski was walking around in the locker room after the game without crutches.
Gronkowski is still scheduled to undergo more tests in the coming days to determine the severity of the injury, but it sounds like New England may have gotten good news regarding one of their best players.
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski was carted off the field during the fourth quarter of Sunday’s game against the Broncos with a right knee injury.
Gronkowski took a hit to his leg and immediately went down in pain. New England wasted no time in ruling him out for the remainder of Sunday’s game.
It’s worth mentioning that this injury was to the same knee that Gronkowski suffered an ACL and MCL tear a few years ago.
Gronkowski, 26, is in the fourth year of his eight-year, $55.23 million contract that included $13.17 million guaranteed. He stands to make base salaries of $4.75 million (2015), $2.25 million (2016), $4.25 million (2017), $8 million (2018), and $9 million (2019) over the remainder of the agreement.
Entering tonight’s game, Gronkowski had caught 51 passes for 843 yards receiving and eight touchdowns over the course of 10 games for the Patriots.
We’ll have more updates regarding the severity of Gronkowski’s injury as the news is available.