Patriots WR Michael Floyd said he hopes to re-sign with New England this offseason.
“I hope to be back in Foxborough,” Floyd said, via Mike Reiss of ESPN. “I love it here. I hope that I can make that happen, for sure.”
It is worth mentioning that Floyd is facing legal troubles after being arrested back in December on DUI charges after allegedly falling asleep at the wheel. The Scottsdale Police Department mentioned that Floyd was found unconscious at the wheel of his car at 2:48 a.m. with the car still running.
It will be interesting to see if his off-the-field issues will factor into his future with the Patriots, as he could still face a multi-game suspension from the NFL.
Floyd, 27, is a former first-round pick of the Cardinals back in 2012. He played his four-year, $9.972 million contract before the Cardinals elected to pick up his fifth-year option last year. However, Arizona elected to cut him loose on Wednesday and he was later claimed off of waivers by the Patriots.
Floyd is in line to be an unrestricted free agent after this season.
In 2016, Floyd has appeared in 15 games and caught 37 passes for 488 yards receiving and five touchdowns for the Patriots. Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 94 receiver out of 115 qualifying players.