- Schefter adds that Veldheer will have the procedure performed on Friday and should expect a “three-month recovery period.”
This is a huge blow for the Raiders and their punchless offense. Veldheer is regarded as one of the best left tackles in the league. While it sounds like he’ll be able to return at some point this season, Alex Barron will be to fill in for Veldheer to start the season.
We have him listed as the No. 5 player in our Top 50 – 2014 Free Agents list.
- Schefter adds that doctors believe Veldheer will be able to play majority of the season.
This is obvious great news for the young left tackle and the Raiders offense. He’s clearly their best offensive lineman and it appears as though he’ll still have an opportunity to cash in next offseason.
Raiders HC Dennis Allen told reporters on Wednesday that LT Jared Veldheer has a torn triceps that will require surgery.
- Veldheer could end up being placed on IR with the designation to return. (Vic Tafur).
- Oakland is reportedly holding out hope that he’ll be able to return at some point this season. (Vic Tafur).
- Alex Barron is expected to take over now that Veldheer’s out for a good portion of the season.
This is a huge loss for an already underwhelming Raiders offense. Veldheer, 26, graded out as one of the best left tackles in the league last year, according to Pro Football Focus’ ratings.
Veldheer is entering the final year of his rookie contract, so this is clearly a huge disappointment for him.