- Rams GM Les Snead was asked how the new record-setting contract for RB Todd Gurley affects DT Aaron Donald: “Each situation is different. Different players different agents, so I think the timeline – you work on everything simultaneously — but you really don’t know when you’re going to get something done or not.” (Lindsay Thiry)
- Rams HC Sean McVay doesn’t think Donald’s contract situation is a distraction: “I don’t think it’s going to be a distraction. We’re constantly working towards finding a solution… But life goes on, camp moves forward.” (Joe Curley)
“What a special player he is,” Rams HC Sean McVay said. “I think last year’s production isn’t really a reflection of the value he provides because he did such a great job, but he’s so much more than that to our team — the way that he competes in protection, the way that he works, and the way that rubs off on his teammates. And it’s a great reflection of the job by Les, [VP football and business administration] Tony Pastoors, and [EVP of football operations] Kevin Demoff to be able to kind of target a lot of these core guys.”
“Like Sean mentioned, [he’s a] big part of who we are and where we’re going,” Rams GM Les Snead said. “And it’s not only Todd, but a lot of other guys that we want to make Rams for a long time and be a part of the core that we’re building here.”
- Cooks will make a total of $89.459 million over the course of six years, which includes three non-guaranteed salaries of $12 million, $13 million and $14 million in the final three years.
- In the first three years of the agreement, Cooks stands to make a total of $50.459 million.
- The deal includes a $7 million signing bonus and will pay him a total of $11 million in year one and $27.2459 million in 2019.