Bailey is will now move to the intensive care unit (ICU) for 3-5 days, but doctors are reported hopeful about his condition moving forward.
- According to Rapoport, Bailey’s surgery was slated to be done about three hours ago.
We’ll have more updates regarding Bailey’s condition as the news is available.
Miami Gardens Police Department have released an incident report regarding the shooting involving Rams WR Stedman Bailey.
From the Miami Gardens PD on the Stedman Bailey shooting pic.twitter.com/Vaf7phWnf1
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) November 25, 2015
The St. Louis Rams released a statement regarding the situation.
“We are aware Stedman Bailey was involved in an incident this evening. We have spoken with Stedman and he is in the hospital in critical, but stable, condition. We are gathering facts about the situation and will provide updates as we learn more.”
- According to Rapoport, Bailey is stable in a Miami ICU.
- However, the driver of the car was shot many times while shielding the kids from bullets. His wounds are life-threatening, per Rapoport.
- Mike Garafolo reports that Bailey is conscious, but he will undergo what could be extensive surgery.
We’ll have more updates regarding Bailey as the news is available.
- According to Silver, Bailey will undergo surgery in the morning.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Bailey’s outlook is now more optimistic for after the initial fear that it was a life-threatening gunshot wound to head.
The Rams are expected to release a statement within the hour detailing the situation and Bailey’s condition.
Bailey was serving a four-game suspension for violating NFL’s Substance Abuse Policy.
Bailey, 24, is in the third year of his four-year, $2.736 million contract that included a $527,400 signing bonus. He stands to make base salaries of $601,234 and $690,123 over the remainder of the contract.
This season, Bailey has caught 12 passes for 182 yards receiving and one touchdown over the course of eight games for the Rams.