“49er fans, I wanted to be the first to tell you that I’m returning to San Francisco,” Boldin announced on Monday. “Looking forward to joining my teammates, coaching staff and fans to bring back another championship to the Bay Area. Let’s go after our Quest For Six.”
- Ed Werder reports that Anquan Boldin‘s contract is a two-year deal worth $12 million and includes $9 million guaranteed.
- Mike Florio reports that Anquan Boldin will receive $5.5 million guaranteed upon signing that breaks down to a fully-guaranteed minimum base salary of $955,000 and a signing bonus of $4.545 million.
- Boldin also gets $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses for the 2014 season.
- His 2015 base salary of $3 million is guaranteed for injury.
- Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee recently mentioned that Boldin could target a similar deal to that of Colts’ WR Reggie Wayne who received a three-year, $17.5 million deal back in 2012.
Wayne, by way of comparison, signed his contract extension with the Colts in 2012, with $7.5 million guaranteed. His contract takes him through age 36. Boldin is set to turn 34 in October.
Boldin proved to be a major coup for GM Trent Baalke who gave up a sixth-round choice to the Ravens for the veteran WR. After a disappointing regular season in Baltimore, Boldin registered 85 catches for 1,179 yards and 7 touchdowns last year, as well as his trademark toughness and blocking ability.
We had Boldin listed as the No. 46 player in our Top 100 Free Agents list.