The Buffalo Bills officially announced the signing of WR Percy Harvin, to a one-year contract.
IT’S OFFICIAL! Percy Harvin is on the Buffalo Bills. pic.twitter.com/BHyxKz26aY
— Buffalo Bills (@buffalobills) March 18, 2015
- Dianna Marie Russini confirms that the 49ers are no longer in the running for Harvin.
- PFT adds that Harvin’s contract with the Bills isn’t signed, but the language has been hammered out and both sides regard the deal as done.
- Sources tell Dianna Marie Russini is now reporting that “it’s not over until Percy Harvin signs.”
- Russini’s source added: “He will probably wind up in Buffalo but SF is trying.“
- Russini reported that the 49ers could be making a last-minute play for Harvin.
Harvin’s recent visit with the Bills concluded without an agreement between the two parties. However, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk mentioned earlier in the day that Harvin could be seriously considering joining the Bills, even though he was still weighing the idea of taking another visit with a prospective team.
The Patriots, Chargers, and Packers have also come up as potential options for Harvin, but of this group, there has been the most buzz surrounding New England.
The Jets officially released on Tuesday after Brandon Marshall passed his physical with the team.
In 2014, Harvin has caught 51 passes for 483 yards receiving while contributing another 202 yards on 33 carries (6.1 YPC) and two total touchdowns over the course of 13 games.
Pro Football Focus has him rated as the No. 34 receiver out of 110 qualifying players.
We’ll have more regarding Harvin and the Bills as the news is available.